Saturday, February 02, 2008

I tell you what you need to know when I think you need to know it

Damn you, the torpedoes, and the horse you road in on.

Good thing I'm not a gambler; I'd lose the house. Not that I own a house--who needs that headache; all seems like a big gamble... Buy a house, then the neighborhood goes to hell and now gas prices go sky high and you can't make the morgage; now you live in a cardboard box. Thanks, I'll rent.

Me? I live under no illusion that one day my ship will come in; that ship has sailed. The reality dingy for me. What's the expression--don't have a pot to piss in or a window to through it out of. Ah, lovely street wisdom; something your drunk uncle might say (probably after he inappropriately touched you). Seeing the way things are going with the job and housing market, you would think you more people would be doing nose dives off buildings.

And speaking of suicide, I was given this pearl of wisdom once: what's the difference between someone who attempts suicide and someone who actually does it? Gumption--probably a little luck too. Tax season is here; maybe I'll get a refund--hope springs eternal, but I'm sure I have a better chance on picking the right team to win the Super Bowl. And hey, at least that's tax free money.

No comments: