Wednesday, February 16, 2005

If I knew you'd be a writer, I'd have kept my mouth shut.

We all have that little voice inside our heads. The voice that inspires us to move forward; or the one that discourages us, makes us admit defeat
before we have begun.

So what voice do I have inside my head you ask?

MY MOTHER.

I'll be in a store trying on clothes and that voice (think yenta):

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO WEAR THAT, ARE YOU?
THAT MAKES YOU LOOK FAT.
THAT MAKES YOU LOOK TOO BIG (a.k.a not flattering on the hips--thanks, Mom)
THAT'S JUST NOT FLATTERING.

You catch my drift.
Most of the time I'm fine and Jim Dandy, but there are those times when I really want those pants...

OH, NO--YOU'RE NOT WEARING THAT!

Okay, okay, I'm taking off the pants... I'm walking away... My hands are in the air... I'm walking away...

So, aside from a lobotomy there is precious little I can do.

I only wish my little voice gave stock tips.

No comments: