Wednesday, February 23, 2005

On the side of my bed

I've been out of commission since yesterday.

Monday--went to the gym; came home with a sore throat. Woke up the next day, coughing, feeling rank. Went to work--BIG MISTAKE. By 11:30, I was out the door and frightened that I wouldn't make it home. On the ferry, I was dizzy and had the shakes. Luckily, I got home in one piece. Draped on the bed; shakes, fever, vomiting. I haven't felt this ill since I had food poisoning on my honeymoon weekend (beware of shrimp--1/2 price).

My darling came home early--brought crackers and seltzer (such a sweetheart). Took care of me all night; cleaned the apartment, brought me water and ice packs. Nurse/husband--who could ask for more?

Today I'm at home resting. I'm weak and dehydrated. Sipping water; actually ate something. Taking it easy. Rob's home with me today. He's also not feeling great, but he wanted to stay home to keep an eye on me.

The great thing about this morning--we both woke up to watch "Nigella Bites", one of our favorite shows. It put me in a good mood for the rest of the day. Right now I'm watching a "Project Runway" marathon.

Damn--reality t.v. is addictive.

No comments: