Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bringing the misery since 1971

These are a few of my favorite things:

Hairdressers who don't listen to you:
"hey I would like a bob haircut": instead, you wind up with something similar to a mushroom head on top and a mullet in the back. Try to explain that in the office. Yes, I wanted to look like a 56 year old lady from Kansas named Lula.


The guy at the sub shop who doesn't speak English, yet can magically make your sandwich right. Yes, I wanted turkey with light mayo and lettuce. Thank you for the fried mystery meat cutlet with extra full fat mayo; at least they remembered to skip the black olives (I said I'm allergic and it could kill me). Not really; I say that so they would generally pay attention to my order. Nothing like a customer having a seizure and turning blue--that makes them pay extra attention .

Chain subs: one word--hideous. Subway, with that bready dreck; Quiznos--that greasy mayo and onion-drenched devil's handmaiden of a sandwich. Blimpie used to be good, now the last ones standing are all in the mall next to the gyro meat. Nothing says yummy like dry meat that looks like it's been around since the Soviets invaded Afghanistan.


Customer Service or lack thereof. Get on the phone--need to speak to someone about cable service; some guy couldn't care less about you, the job or his life. I wouldn't be surprised if old Mr. Friendly started taking people out with a rifle on the roof.


Oh yes, Heath Ledger is still dead and the media vultures are picking this one dry.

Listen, I, like so many, were so happy to here of the passing of Anna Nicole Goldigger but this was sad. It's hard to find out someone so talented died. It just left me wondering why, oh why couldn't it have been Paris Hilton?

As I said so many things to complain about... so little time.

No comments: